Stomp On Step 1 is a free video series and blog that prepares medical students for the U.S.M.L.E. Step 1 Medical Board Exam. This site is full of all of the things I wish somebody had told me before I took the exam. I know what you are thinking “Not another study resource! I already have way too many books and videos to possibly get through.” But this video series is as a time saver, not a time commitment. I’ll help you focus in on the most important topics while ignoring the lowest yield material to save you unnecessary anxiety and frustration.
Since it is impossible to relearn 2 full years’ worth of medical school curriculum in the weeks leading up to the exam the logical thing to do is focus on studying efficiency. What sets Stomp On Step 1 apart from other study aids is the High Yield Rating. The HYR is a rating scale from 0 to 10 that gives you an estimate for how likely each topic is to appear on the USMLE Step 1 exam. Focusing more attention on the material that is most important for the medical board exam allows you to increase your score and decrease test anxiety. Click here to learn more the High Yield Rating and click here to see a comprehensive list of topics from highest yield to lowest yield.
Table of Contents
This is a combined list of the HYRs from all of my videos. It has more than 150 topics listed from most important to least important
- High Yield List & Strategies for Biostats and Epi
- Standard Deviation, Mean, Median & Mode
- 2×2 Table FP, FN, TP & TN
- Sensitivity, Specificity & Screening Tests
- Negative & Positive Predictive Value
- Incidence, Prevalence and Case-Fatality Rate
- Bias & Validity
- Confounding, Randomization & Blinding
- Types of Study Design
- Odds Ratio and Relative Risk
- Number Needed to Treat & Absolute Risk Reduction
- p-Value, Statistical Significance and Types of Error UPDATED!
- Confidence Interval Interpretation
- High Yield Rating List for Genetics
- DNA Replication, Transcription & Translation
- Epigenetics, Histone Modification, Prader-Willi & Angelman Syndrome
- Types of Genetic Inheritance
- Pedigrees & Patterns of Genetic Inheritance
- Purine Salvage Pathway & Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome
- Neurofibromatosis, Tuberous Sclerosis & Von Hippel Lindau
- Trinucleotide Repeat Expansion, Trisomy 21 & Translocations
- High Yield Rating List for Inflammation and Immunology NEW!
- Introduction to Immunology
- Acute Inflammation 1
- Acute Inflammation 2
- Complement System and Granulomas
- B & T Cell Development, Activation & Function + Cytokines
- Antibody Structure and Function
- Types of Vaccination
- Types of Hypersensitivity
- Transplant Rejection
- Psych High Yield Rating List
- Mood Disorders: Depression & Bipolar Disease
- Schizophrenia & Other Psychotic Disorders
- Anxiety Disorder
- Malingering, Somatization & Factitious Disorder
- Eating Disorders: Anorexia Nervosa & Bulimia
- Personality Disorders with Famous Examples
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse: Uppers, Downers & Hallucinogens
- Antidepressants: SSRIs, SNRIs & TCAs
- Mood Stabilizers, Anxiolytics & Antipsychotics
- High Yield Rating List for Microbiology – COMING SOON
- Fungal Infections & Antifungals NEW!
- Parasites NEW!
- Vulvovaginal Infections: BV, Trich & Candida NEW!
- Herpes: Mono, Herpes Simplex, Chickenpox & Shingles NEW!
- Viral Hepatitis: HAV, HBV & HCV + Serum Serology NEW!
- Influenza Virus: The Flu, Genetic Drift & Genetic Shift NEW!
- HPV, Parvovirus B19, & Adenovirus NEW!
- Rotavirus, Measels, Mumps, and Rabies – COMING SOON
- HIV & AIDS – COMING SOON
- Antivirals – COMING SOON
- Bacteria – COMING SOON
- Antibiotics – COMING SOON
- TORCH Infections – COMING SOON
- Diarrhea – COMING SOON
- Meningitis – COMING SOON
- Pneumonia – COMING SOON
- UTIs & Pyelonephritis – COMING SOON